We are actively involved in the ministry “Operation Christmas Child” (Samaritan’s Purse) in providing shoe box gifts to children all over the world, for the purpose of sharing with them the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Stay tuned for news about our SHOEBOX PACKING AND WRAPPING PARTY 2019.
A BIG THANKS TO ALL WHO HELPED WITH OUR SHOEBOXES THIS YEAR! WE WERE ABLE TO PROVIDE OVER 350 SHOEBOX GIFTS IN 2019! These shoeboxes go all around the world, taking the good news of the gospel of Jesus Christ to children and their families.
“What items can be put into an Operation Christmas Child shoebox?”
Glad you asked. If you’d like to contribute items for the shoeboxes this year, here’s a sampling of the things we can use:
- pencils/colored pencils/pens/markers/crayons
- pencil sharpeners
- pencil holders/boxes
- small note books, pads or index cards
- glue stick (liquid glue is NOT allowed)
- toothbrushes (toothpaste is NOT allowed)
- combs/brushes/hair accessories
- lip balm
- (no shampoo or lotion – liquids of any kind are NOT allowed)
This is just a sampling. Any toy that will fit into a shoebox and is not made of glass or military/war-related should be fine.
- plush/stuffed toys
- smaller activity books and coloring books
- plastic figures – animals, insects (military men are NOT allowed)
- squirt guns (as long as they are colorful and clearly not real guns)
- any type of clothing that will fit into a shoe box
“How else can I help with Operation Christmas Child?”
- We need good shoeboxes with lids
- We will need help wrapping the shoeboxes
- We need Christmas gift wrap, or any generic wrap
- You can donate funds at any time; just indicate “Operation Christmas Child” on your giving envelop or online
- See Blair McCoy for more information on how you can help bless children this Christmas.
Please consider taking part in this ministry through donations of goods and/or funds. Remember: the shoeboxes go all around the world, taking the gospel of Jesus Christ to children and their families. Last year we packed, wrapped, and shipped over 300 shoeboxes. Please speak with Blair in the office (358-5044) if you have any questions.
Click link to read how these simple shoeboxes have a lifetime of impact for these children:
Click the icon below to find out more about Operation Christmas Child and Samaritan’s Purse ministries.