RISEN KING COMMUNITY CHURCH
1. THE WORD OF GOD – We believe that the Bible, both Old and New Testaments, is the complete and only revealed Word of God, fully inspired and without error in the original writings and that it has supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct (Psalm 19:7-11; Isaiah 40:8; Matthew 5:18; I Thessalonians 2:13; II Timothy 3:15-17; II Peter 1:21).
2. THE TRINITY – We believe that there is one living and true God, the only sovereign creator of the universe, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. These are equal in every divine perfection and perform distinct, but harmonious, functions in creation, redemption and providence. (Genesis 1:1, 26; Deuteronomy 6:4; Isaiah 9:6,7; Isaiah 44-46; Matthew 28:19-20; Acts 5:3-4; John 1:1,14, 10:30; II Corinthians 13:14)
3. GOD THE FATHER – We believe in God, the Father, an infinite, personal spirit, perfect in holiness, wisdom, power, and love. We believe that He is intimately involved in the affairs of mankind, that He hears and answers prayer through Jesus Christ, that He saves from sin and death all who come to Him through Jesus Christ (Deuteronomy 6:4; Psalm 19; John 4:23-24, 5:25-27, 14:6-31, 16:5-28, 17:11).
4. JESUS CHRIST – We believe in Jesus Christ, also the eternal creator of the universe, thus, fully God and fully man, the Father’s one and only unique Son, conceived by the Holy Spirit. We believe in His virgin birth, sinless life, miracles and teachings. We believe in His substitutionary, atoning death, bodily resurrection, ascension into heaven, perpetual intercession for His people, and personal, visible return to earth (Matthew 24; John 1:1-14; Acts 1:11; Philippians 2:5-11; I Corinthians 15:3-4; Colossians 2:9; I Timothy 2:5-6; Hebrews 1:1-10, 4:14, 7:25, 9:11-15; Revelation 19-20).
5. THE HOLY SPIRIT – We believe in God, the Holy Spirit, who came from the Father and the Son to convict the world of sin, righteousness and judgment, and to regenerate, sanctify, and empower all who believe in Jesus Christ. We believe that the Holy Spirit indwells every believer at salvation and that He is an abiding helper, teacher and guide. Therefore, it is every believer’s responsibility to allow the Holy Spirit to fill, control, and empower his life. We believe in many infillings of the Spirit, but that the Baptism of the Spirit—the placement of the believer into the body of Christ and the initial indwelling of the Spirit—occurs at salvation. We also believe that the sealing of the Spirit occurs at salvation (John 3:3-7, 14:15-17, 16:8-14; Romans 8:26; Acts 1:8, 2:38-39, 5:3-4; Ephesians 5:18).
6. REGENERATION – We believe that all men are sinners by imputation, nature and choice and are, therefore, under condemnation. We believe that those who genuinely repent of their sins and trust Jesus Christ as Savior are regenerated by the Holy Spirit and are eternally saved (John 3, 7:37-39, 10:28-29; Acts 3:19, 5:31, 11:18, 14:6; Luke 13:1-5; Romans 3:10-18, 23, 5:12-21, 6:23; Galatians 5:13-26; Ephesians 2:1-3; Titus 3:5; I John 5:13).
7. THE CHURCH – We believe in the universal church, a living spiritual body of which Christ is the head, composed of people who through faith in Jesus Christ have been regenerated by the Holy Spirit. We believe in the local church, whose membership consists of a company of believers in Jesus Christ. This company of believers associates for worship, Bible study, prayer, participation in the ordinances, fellowship and evangelism of a lost world (Matthew 16:18, 28:19-20; Acts 2:38-47; Romans 12; I Corinthians 12:12-26; Ephesians 2:19-22, 4:1-15).
8. CHRISTIAN CONDUCT – We believe that a Christian should live for the glory of God and the well-being of his fellow man; that his conduct should be blameless and pure in his thoughts, words and actions before the world; that he should be a faithful steward of his possessions; that he should seek to realize for himself and others the full stature of maturity in Christ. Since believers never reach perfection in this life, God’s constant forgiveness and cleansing are needed through repentance and confession (Matthew 25; Luke 16:1-14; Romans 12:1,2; Philippians 2:14-16, 3:12-16, Colossians 1:28-29, 2:6-7, 3:17; 2 Timothy 2:1-2; Titus 2:11-13, I John 1).
9. THE ORDINANCES – We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ has committed two ordinances to the church to be observed until the return of Christ: 1) baptism by immersion and 2) the Lord’s Supper. By baptism, a believer publicly declares his new life in Christ, and symbolizes his actual identification with the death, burial and resurrection of Christ. It also demonstrates his commitment to die to sin and self and live for Christ. In the Lord’s Supper, the believer is dramatically reminded of the sacrifice of Christ for our sin. We believe that these two ordinances are not means for salvation, but acts of obedience as evidences of salvation (Matthew 26:26-29, 28:18-20; Romans 6:1-23; I Corinthians 10:16-17, 11:17-34; Ephesians 2:8-10; James 2:14-26; 1 John 2:3-6).
10. ANGELOLOGY – We believe in the existence of angels, or spirits created by God for His glory, who serve God in ministering to believers. We believe that a third of the angels have rebelled against God, and as demons, now follow their leader, Satan. These fallen angels oppose God’s plan of salvation, blind unbelievers to the gospel, tempt and empower men to evil, and seek to bring all mankind into rebellion against God through false religions, false prophets, lying wonders and apathy toward the one true living God of the Bible. Satan was defeated by Christ at the cross. Thus, though believers are subject to his attacks, those who resist by putting on the whole armor of God have authority over him and will ultimately be victorious (Isaiah 14:12-17; Ezekiel 28:11-19; Mt. 18:10; Luke:15:10; II Cor. 4:3-4; Col. 2:13-17; Eph. 1:19b-21, 4:26-27, 6:10-18; II Thessalonians 2:5-12; Heb. 1:4-14, 2:6-7; James 4:7-8; I Peter 5:8-9; 1 John 4:1-4, 5:18-19; Rev. 12:3-17).
11. LAST THINGS – We believe in the personal, bodily, premillennial, and imminent return of our Lord Jesus Christ to earth. We believe His coming will be visible for the establishment of His Kingdom. We believe in the resurrection of the body, the final judgment, the endless suffering of the wicked, and the eternal blessedness of the believer (Zechariah. 14:4; Matthew 24:1-51, 25:31-46; John 5:28-29, 14:1-3; I Corinthians 15; II Corinthians 5:10; I Thessalonians 4:13-18; Revelation 20-22).
12. MARRIAGE & FAMILY – We believe that since God created marriage, it is sacred. It is intended to display the love of Christ for His bride, the church. We believe God’s plan for marriage consists of one man and one woman who commit to be married for life. We believe that any perversion of this plan, whether it involves unbiblical divorce, fornication, adultery, homosexuality, incest, polygamy, pornography, or bestiality is condemned by God as sin. We believe God loves all sinners, including those who have participated in sexual sins, and is willing to forgive all who repent and trust Christ as Lord and Savior (Genesis 2:18-25; Exodus 20:14, 17; Leviticus 20:1-22; Song of Solomon; Malachi 2:10-17; Matthew 5:27-32; Matthew 9:1-12; Mark 10:1-12; Luke 16:18; Romans 1:18-32; I Corinthians 6:9-11, 18-20; Ephesians 5:22-33; I Timothy 1:9-10).