It was what has now become another typical Sunday night on American Idol.
What had once been a night when American families would gather to enjoy good, wholesome TV, where right was right and wrong was wrong and there was rarely any confusion between the two, has now become an insult to and an assault on every Christian and moral sensibility I h0ld dear.
It began with the first contestant—a very young, talented black man whose slightly effeminate manner was a clue to the sad story he was about to tell. It was a familiar story clearly designed to gain the sympathy of the judges and all of America. He had come out as gay in his teens, been rejected by all his family and friends, except for his father, who was proud of him regardless. But then his father died, a victim of drug abuse. And now he had come before the judges of American Idol not only for the acceptance and affirmation he so longed for, but perhaps to become the American idol whose persona and perversion could now be worshiped and celebrated by the nation.
But that was mild, compared to how the show ended.
The final contestant screamed for both attention and acceptance—and received it.
This time he was a young white man, with straight brown hair that extended down his back, a beard, and a hairy chest. His chest hair was largely exposed by the nature of his dress—a glimmering red, white and blue low cut literal dress which at its lower extremities was so high that it only marginally covered the hot-red, hip-length, high-healed shiny red women’s boots he was wearing.
He was another talented singer who this time cavorted through his song with effeminate gestures that concluded with a grand elongated girlish shimmer.
The mix of natural gross masculinity with grossly feminine attire and gestures grated against every fiber of my being like the sound a thumb nail etched across a chalk board.
“In the image of God He created him; male and female He created them” (Genesis 1:27b).
“A woman shall not wear man’s clothing, nor shall a man put on a woman’s clothing; for whoever does these things is an abomination to the Lord your God” (Deuteronomy 22:5).
“For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error” (Romans 1:26-27).
Both contestants got what they wanted. They were not only full accepted by the judges, including, in one case a full physical embrace, but they both received a pass to Hollywood with the guarantee that America’s living rooms will repeatedly be lit up by their homosexual, effeminate, trans-sexual, androgynous, disturbing, confusing testimonies and antics.
And another American institution now has been hijacked by the LGBTQ lobby to not merely promote their life-style, but to demand our acceptance and approval of their immoral beliefs and actions.
Yes, Gays have not only come out of the closet, but now proudly parade their perversion in our living rooms.
I’ve got to wonder what kind of reaction there would be if the Gospel of Jesus Christ and the testimonies of His love were promoted on American Idol with such brazen enthusiasm.
It’s been less than five years since the Supreme Court legalized gay marriage, and now . . .
- Christians who maintain the biblical standard that homosexuality is a sin are almost unanimously labelled as intolerant bigots by our society.
- Public elementary school libraries have been infiltrated with children’s books promoting transgenderism, hormone therapy and sex-change surgery, for some children who likely don’t even know “the facts of life” (World magazine, March 31, 2018, “Battle over Books,” pp. 36-39).
- Public school teachers are being reprimanded or fired if they don’t call transgender cross-dressing students by their preferred pronoun. (Source: My wife, a public school teacher).
- A formerly respected long-time Chairman of Child and Adolescent Psychology at the University of Louisville lost his job for merely suggesting it’s best to encourage children to maintain their biologically-assigned (i.e., divinely-ordained) gender (World, May 11, 2019, “Transgender Tide,” p. 62).
- A December, 2017 UCLA study revealed LGBTQ propaganda and idealogy so pervade our nation’s culture that 27% of California teens aged 12 to 17 either identified as the opposite gender (182,466) or reported feeling equally masculine and feminine (613,449) (World, February 17, 2018, “Dissolving Identities,” p. 33)
At this rate, you have to wonder where our nation is headed.
Or you can simply read your Bible.
Two angels showed up at Lot’s door one evening in ancient Sodom looking for the last morally upright family in that city, as Genesis 19 records it. They came in appearance as two men.
Before bedtime, a mob of Sodom’s men, of every age from every quarter, had come to Lot’s door. They demanded not merely acceptance, approval and affirmation of their homosexual activities, but full participation by the two strangers, consensual or non-consensual. Once they got their foot in the door, they would not be denied, no matter how great Lot’s protests or wild his compromises. Only an act of God that resulted in their blindness saved the angels from the vilest of homosexual atrocities—a gang rape.
Beware, America, of the path you have taken. It has been trodden before.
“Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap.” (Galatians 6:7).