Operation Christmas Child SHOEBOX PACKING AND WRAPPING PARTY
SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 3, 9:00 – ?
Join us for the fun at our office in Sparks (1855 Sullivan Lane, Suite 160) on Saturday, November 3, beginning at 9 a.m., as we pack and wrap shoeboxes for the Samaritan’s Purse ministry of OPERATION CHRISTMAS CHILD. These shoeboxes go all around the world, taking the good news of the gospel of Jesus Christ to children and their families.
“What items can be put into an Operation Christmas Child shoebox?” Glad you asked. If you’d like to contribute items for the shoeboxes this year, here’s a sampling of the things we can use:
- pencils/colored pencils/pens/markers/crayons
- pencil sharpeners
- pencil holders/boxes
- small note books, pads or index cards
- glue stick (liquid glue is NOT allowed)
- toothbrushes (toothpaste is NOT allowed)
- combs/brushes/hair accessories
- lip balm
- (no shampoo or lotion – liquids of any kind are NOT allowed)
This is just a sampling. Any toy that will fit into a shoebox and is not made of glass or military/war-related should be fine.
- plush/stuffed toys
- smaller activity books and coloring books
- plastic figures – animals, insects (military men are NOT allowed)
- squirt guns (as long as they are colorful and clearly not real guns)
any type of clothing that will fit into a shoe box
Please consider taking part in this ministry through donations of goods and/or funds. Remember: the shoeboxes go all around the world, taking the gospel of Jesus Christ to children and their families. Please speak with Blair in the office (358-5044) if you have any questions.
Join Risen King Community Church in supporting Samaritan’s Purse ministry Operation Christmas Child. Simple shoeboxes are wrapped and filled with toys, toiletries, and school supplies and distributed to children in need all over the world, along with the Gospel message and ongoing teaching and support for the community. Last year we packed, wrapped, and shipped over 200 boxes and this year we hope to do at least 300. Here’s how you can help:
- We especially need pencils, pencil sharpeners, washcloths, soap, toothbrushes, combs, and plush toys
- We still need good shoeboxes with lids
- We will need help wrapping the shoeboxes
- We need Christmas gift wrap, or any generic wrap
- Still need donations of small toys, school supplies, and toiletries
- Donate your spare change at church each week to help with shipping costs
- See Blair McCoy for more information on how you can help bless children this Christmas.
Click here to read how these simple shoeboxes have a lifetime of impact for these children:
Click the icon to find out more about Operation Christmas Child and Samaritan’s Purse ministries.